DAY ONE // Monday 13 November
Master Classes (9:00am – 11:30am) includes morning tea
- Patrycja Slawuta (USA) – Hacking Wisdom – What Machines Don’t Understand
- Brian Forde (USA) – Blockchain: Bringing power to the people, and how that impacts the future of your business
- Stephen Scott Johnson – Culture of Innovation by Design – Is your organisation a controller, pioneer, mimic or synergist?
- Andrew and Gaia Grant – Ignite, Gain, Sustain: Navigating the 4 key innovation paradoxes for a sustainable innovation culture in the ‘innovation race’
Deep Conversation over Lunch (12:00pm – 2:00pm)
Human Intelligence 2.0 – Thriving in the Age of Acceleration
Featuring key speakers including Brian Forde (USA), Patrycja Slawuta (USA), Raymond McCauley (USA), Zenia Tata (India), Neil Harbisson (USA) and the audience. Click here for more details about this event
Early Afternoon Master Classes (2:15pm – 4:45pm)
includes afternoon tea 4:15pm – 4:45pm
- Raymond McCauley (USA) – Harnessing your Superintelligence
- Aleksandra Przegalinska (USA) – Emotional Data: What is it and how to use it well
- Steve Vamos – Building Great Teams for Exponential Times
- Yamini Naidu – Hooked: Business Storytelling to connect, engage & inspire
Late Afternoon Master Classes (4:15pm – 6:45pm)
includes afternoon tea 4:15pm – 4:45pm
- Yvette Montero Salvatico & Frank Spencer (USA) – Wired For Next: What will humans think, do and be in the not-so- distant future?
- Jon Yeo – How leaders create change and drive impact
- Rachel Audige – Inside-the-box thinking: A Powerful Method for Corporate Intrapreneurs
- Jessamy Gee – What the robots can’t do… Listening & visual note taking basics for humans
- Christina Gerakiteys – Creativity and Innovation – 5% Inspiration and 95% Design Thinking
DAY TWO // Tuesday 14 November
8:30am – The Official Opening of Ci2017 with VIPs including The Honorable Philip Dalidakis, Minister for Small Business, Innovation and Trade, speakers, performers and politicians. Following this, each session will involve keynote speakers, a scholarship winner (60 seconds) and will be followed by Q&A/Conversation with audience.
Plenary 1 – The pace of change – Survive or thrive? (9:30am)
- Dr Alan Finkel AO, Australia’s Chief Scientist
Human intelligence 2.0 – How will we get there?
- Zenia Tata (India), Executive Director, Global Development & International Expansion, XPRIZE
Moonshot Thinking: Setting a new pace for change
- Brian Forde (USA), Director of Digital Currency at the MIT Media Lab; Former Senior Technology Advisor at the White House under Barack Obama’s presidency
Blockchain: Disrupting the Disrupters and Empowering the People
- Provocateur: Dr Charles Day, CEO, Office of Innovation and Science Australia
MORNING TEA & NETWORKING (11:00am)
Plenary 2 – The man machine interface – machine learning, AI, implants…how far will it go? (11:30am)
- Raymond McCauley (USA), Scientist, engineer & entrepreneur; Chair of the Biotech Track at Singularity University
Engineering DNA for a Better You – Brilliance, Brawn, and Being
- Svetha Venkatesh, Director, Centre for Pattern Recognition and Data Analytics (PRaDA) at Deakin University
Close Encounters with Machine Learning
- Neil Harbisson (USA), Artist, Cyborg Activist & Cybernetics Expert
The Renaissance of our Species
LUNCH & NETWORKING (1:00pm)
HOT SPOTS (2:00pm)
Grab a delicious lunch, connect with someone new and then join a HOT SPOT conversation with some of our speakers and other experts.
Exponential Conversation Plenary 3 – The Future of Jobs, Exponential Leadership and Building Great Teams (2:50pm)
- Steve Vamos, Non-Executive Director, Venture Investor, Business Advisor and Speaker
- John Stanhope, Chairman Australia Post & AGL; Chancellor of Deakin University
- Richard Bolt, Secretary of the Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources (DEDJTR)
AFTERNOON TEA AND NETWORKING
Day Two Concludes (5:00pm)
Sofitel Melbourne On Collins Ballroom 25 Collins Street Melbourne
Q&A: What is unique about the human experience and intelligence in the age of machines?
Fine food, wine, a Grand Disruptive Debate featuring Scott Anthony (USA), Patrycja Slawuta (USA), Raymond McCauley (USA), Zenia Tata (India), Neil Harbisson (USA), moderated by Associate Professor Rufus Black. The evening will also feature world class entertainment, sensational songsters Pot-Pourri and the With One Voice choirs.
This dinner will support people suffering from loneliness and isolation through Creativity Australia’s life-changing With One Voice program.
Click here for more details about this event
DAY THREE // Wednesday 15 November
Exponential Conversation Plenary 4 – Forget start-ups! BIG is beautiful! (8:45am)
- Scott Anthony (Singapore), Managing Partner Innosight; Harvard Business Author; strategy, growth and disruptive innovation expert
- Dr Pradeep Philip, Founder, Ergo Consilium; Senior Advisor accross politics and business; Former Secretary Department of Health (Victoria) and Founding CEO for LaunchVic
- Jane King, Deputy Commissioner, Design and Change Management, Australian Taxation Office (ATO)
- Provocateur: Doron Ben-Meir, Executive Director of Research, Innovation and Commercialisation at the University of Melbourne; CEO of UoM Commercial Ltd
MORNING TEA & NETWORKING (10:30am)
Plenary 5 – Organisational Intelligence 2.0 – how we live and work (11:00am)
- Aleksandra Przegalinska (USA), Artificial Intelligence Expert; Research Fellow at the Centre for Collective Intelligence at MIT
Emotional Data – Will Machines be able to Feel?
- Sam Sterling, Executive Strategy Director, Isobar
The Humanity in Technology
- Patrycja Slawuta (USA), Researcher, Entrepreneur & Founder, SelfHackathon
Hacking the Corporate OS. The Art and Science of Meaningful Innovation
- Provocateur: Stephen Scott Johnson, Expert in brand and culture transformation; Author EMERGENT – The Future of Culture
LUNCH AND NETWORKING (12.30pm)
HOT SPOTS (1.30pm)
Subject matter HOT SPOTS around the Sofitel with selected speakers and provocateurs. Choose your area of interest and join a circle discussion.
Plenary 6 – The Growing Divide – How do we progress without fracturing? (2:20pm)
- Peter Hunt AM, Investment Banker & Engaged Philanthropist; Chairman, Greenhill Australia, Grameen Australia, So they Can & Founder, Women’s Community Shelters
Social dislocation in an accelerating world – can we manage the transition?
- Kim Rubenstein, Professor, Australian National University
The Future of Democracy
- Associate Professor Rufus Black, Master of Ormond College and Deputy Chancellor of Victoria University
Renewing Australia: We can accelerate the change we need
- Provocateur: Tania de Jong AM, Founder, Creative Universe, Creative Innovation Global, Creativity Australia & Dimension5
CONFERENCE CLOSING CELEBRATION WITH SPEAKERS AND DELEGATES (3:30pm)
AFTERNOON TEA AND POST CONFERENCE DRINKS IN SOFITEL’S LOUNGE (4:00pm)
Ci2017 CONCLUDES (5:30pm)