EXPONENTIAL INNOVATION LEADERS – SCHOLARSHIPS TO ATTEND CREATIVE INNOVATION 2017 ASIA PACIFIC
“When it comes to the future, there are three kinds of people: those who let it happen, those who make it happen, and those who wonder what happened.”
We are searching for the most outstanding emerging leaders, exponential thinkers, entrepreneurs and innovators from across Australia who are creating the future. They are the game-changers in society who are not content to just let the future happen, but rather are actively working to implement ideas that make a difference… Leaders that may at times feel afraid or uncertain, yet still rise to confront the needs and challenges of society head on.
The Creative Innovation Global scholarships are provided to emerging leaders to prepare them for the challenges of tomorrow and help them access key decision makers across society and the economy.
Read the Ci2017 Scholarship Launch Media Release
Scholarship winners receive:
- A full place for the entire Ci2017 event
- The opportunity to present their vision for the future in the conference program and on the website
- A 60 second speaking spot during the main conference program
- A free 3 month Exponential Hot Desk membership at Dimension5 co-working space
- Invitation to mentoring program and events at Dimension5 to build upon learnings, insights and networks gained at Ci2017.
Scholarship Selection Panel:
- Tania de Jong AM – Social Entrepreneur, Soprano, Founder & Executive Producer Creative Innovation Global; Founder and CEO Creative Universe; Founder Creativity Australia
- Stephen Grant – CEO of Asia Pacific Business Coalition on Aids
- Peter Hunt AM – Chairman of Greenhill Australia
- Zoe Dattner – Associate Publisher of Private Media
- Bill Jarrad – Director of Mindwerx International
- Alrick Pagnon – Creative Innovation Leader of Creative Universe, Creative Innovation Global
Ci2016 Innovation Leader Scholarship Winners
- Mustafa Atee (WA) is Founder of ePAT, world’s first, and revolutionary mobile medical applications using facial recognition to assess pain at the point-of-care for those unable to communicate.
- Mathew Bowtell (VIC) is a senior engineer at Toyota, who developed a functional prosthetic finger accessible to anybody on the planet – for free.
- Ankit Chopra (NSW) is Founder of B-Corp certified Eat Me Chutneys, a socially and environmentally responsible chutney company that aims to reduce food wastage.
- Rez Haremi (NSW) is Founder of Essential Need, a charity that aims to end extreme water poverty by the year 2020.
- Mandy Lau (VIC) is Founder of Reach & Match, an innovative education kit to empower children with vision impairment/complex needs, also provides an inclusive learning solution in mainstream settings.
- Troy McCann (VIC) is Program Adviser and Co-Founder of the Melbourne Space Program, a not for profit organisation seeking to promote innovation in support of a strong Australian aerospace sector.
- Christine Parfitt (WA) is Managing Director of the Bottle for Botol app, an innovative water station location app that provides people the ability to locate nearby water stations in Indonesia.
- Dr Tanya Petrovich (VIC) is Manager Business Development at Alzheimer’s Australia Vic, nurturing empathy through the development of the Virtual Dementia Experience™, VR apps and VR goggles technology.
- Tele Tan (WA) is Founder and Deputy Director of the Autism Academy for Software Quality Assurance, a social innovation harnessing the special talents of people on the autism spectrum.
Ci2016 Scholarship Winners
- Australian or New Zealand based (can be an international student on a study visa)
- Developer or owner (individually or jointly) of the innovation
- Documented plan to implement your innovation
- Can be a commercial, social or other type of innovation
Application Process: (Applications close July 31st)
- Email a maximum one-sided A4 document answering the following questions to Andrea@creativeuniverse.com.au :
- In this age of acceleration, what is your innovation and how will it transform our world?
- Why is it necessary? – What problem does it solve and how does it improve upon its predecessors?
- How are you implementing your innovation right now, and how is it scalable?
- What is the biggest barrier you face in getting your innovation to become a reality?
- Who are you and why are you the person capable of creating the change you have identified?
- (optional but highly regarded) Provide a link to a 90 second video promoting your innovation to future users, stakeholders and/or investors
Note: This application is strictly one A4 page only. Where more than one page is submitted, only the first will be read. Make sure it is not your cover page!
Note: The video must be maximum 90 seconds. Where more than 90 seconds are submitted, only the first 90 seconds will be watched. Make every second count.