Inside-the-box thinking: A Powerful Method for Corporate Intrapreneurs
Rachel is a Franco-Australian speaker, facilitator, blogger and innovation architect. She runs Systematic Inventive Thinking- Australia and has long experience in international marketing. She is the author of ‘The Innovation Mix’, a diagnostic model for organisational innovation. Her sweet spot is getting smart people in a room and giving them an alternate search engine for their minds to give them more inventive and feasible ideas. She is a Non-Executive Director on the boards of Creativity Australia and the Produce Marketing Association and has a Bachelor of Economics (Sydney Uni), a Maitrise in Political Science (Paris-Sorbonne) and an MBA (Melbourne Business School).
About the Master Class:
We need to innovate and we are all being told to “do more with less”…
If this were easy, everyone would be excelling at it. In fact, most of us are held back in our creative efforts by our own thinking; in learning to be efficient, we have lost our innovative agility and unlearnt how to creatively harness the resources we have at hand.
This masterclass will explore what is holding us back, the value of inside-the-box thinking and the power of constraints and will give you a methodology that combines creativity with rigour and helps you generate counter-intuitive, feasible and valuable ideas – using what you have.
This will shift your thinking about creativity and innovation.
You will learn:
- To identify a cognitive bias that inhibits creative thinking and tools to bust this when you need to innovate;
- How to thrive with creative constraints;
- That creative agility is a skill that can be re-learnt.
- To recognize patterns in innovation that can be harnessed “on demand”;
- To be agile in the creative process to enable you to work from form to function – rather than function to form – when this makes most sense;
- A resourceful way to think differently.
- A toolbox for intrapreneurs who want to expend less energy in their efforts to drive change.